See Wayfair's resource: Backordering An Order (Wayfair Help Center)
- Click the on the left of the order, then click “Can’t Make It?”
- Answer if the order is in stock (Yes or No) and specify which item is out of stock
- If an item is out of stock, specify the delay reason and add a conservative restock date that accounts for the time required for the item to ship after it is back in stock.
- If in stock, specify the delay reason and add conservative expected ship date
- Submit and this new backorder date will be forwarded to the customer*
*When an item is backordered, there is a chance the customer will cancel the order
Not what you were looking for? See other common order issues.