Merchants selling through Overstock do not pay for shipping cost or choose freight carriers.
LTL and Small Parcel carriers are automatically selected through Overstock's rate shop program when orders are placed. Carriers are selected by Overstock depending on the shipping dimensions, weight, and customer ZIP code. The merchant is strictly responsible for pricing first cost to Overstock that does not include any shipping fees built in - as all orders are FOB merchant(s) factory or warehouse.
- When setting up on Overstock, provide first costs for your products that do include shipping. Bear's expert account team will works with all merchants during onboarding to ensure accurate pricing.
- Overstock is an online retailer, which means they pay for shipping cost on all orders.
- LTL (less than truckload) orders are shipped on Overstock freight accounts.
- Small Parcel (FedEx or UPS) orders are shipped Third Party Billing on the merchant(s) account, but paid for by Overstock.
- Merchant(s) responsibility is to ensure orders are always ready for carrier pickup within the established lead time window 📦
For more info about each channel, including Overstock, please visit Bear's channel matrix.