Merchants selling through Wayfair (and their sub sites) do not pay for shipping cost or choose freight carriers.
LTL and Small Parcel carriers are automatically selected through Wayfair's vendor extranet when orders are placed. Carriers are selected by Wayfair depending on the shipping dimensions, weight, product class, and customer ZIP code. The merchant is strictly responsible for pricing first cost to Wayfair that does not include any shipping fees built in. Orders are FOB merchant(s) factory or warehouse, unless they are part of fulfilled by Wayfair Castlegate program.
- When setting up on Wayfair, provide first costs for your products that do include shipping.
- Wayfair is an online retailer, which means they pay for shipping cost on all orders.
- LTL (less than truckload) orders are shipped on Wayfair's freight accounts.
- Small Parcel (FedEx or UPS) orders are shipped on Wayfair's SP accounts.
- Merchant(s) responsibility is to ensure orders are always ready for carrier pickup within the established lead time window. If an order needs to be back-ordered, this can be done through your Wayfair vendor portal 📦
For more info about each channel, including Wayfair, please visit Bear's channel matrix.