Merchants selling through Houzz.com and Houzz Pro do not pay for shipping cost or choose freight carriers.
LTL and Small Parcel carriers are automatically selected through Houzz's Partner Portal when orders are placed. Carriers are selected by Houzz depending on the shipping dimensions, weight, product class, and customer ZIP code. The merchant is strictly responsible for pricing first cost to Houzz that does not include any shipping fees built in. Orders are FOB merchant(s) factory or warehouse.
- When setting up on Houzz, provide first costs for your products that do include shipping.
- Houzz required MAP pricing on all product. This is to ensure a competitive IMU%.
- Houzz is an online retailer, which means they pay for shipping cost on all orders.
- LTL (less than truckload) orders are shipped on Houzz's freight accounts.
- Small Parcel (FedEx or UPS) orders are shipped on Houzz's SP accounts.
- Merchant(s) responsibility is to ensure orders are always ready for carrier pickup within the established lead time window. If an order needs to be back-ordered, this can be done through your Houzz vendor portal 📦
For more info about each channel, including Houzz, please visit Bear's channel matrix.